What do you do when you miss a personal deadline?
Beat yourself up? Have a “pity party” for yourself? Let it slide indefinitely, move onto another project? All these thoughts may enter your head. I am in the middle of missing my deadline for getting the manuscript into my publishers as we speak. I say middle, as in theory I have not yet missed my deadline, but I know based on my output being flat out with this recently it will be missed.
Hey I could turn it in JUST to meet the deadline, but that is not the point! When you miss a personal deadline, what do you do or feel like doing? I hope sharing my resistance with getting my book published you can get some value from it
This is what I am doing to deal with this missed deadline:
- Sacrifice quality just to hit the deadline!
- Admit how pissed off I am.
- Respect and review the importance of personal deadlines.
- Taking full responsibility.
- Move from frustration to adaptation to action.
- Did you underestimate the size of the task?
- Learn from this for future related deadlines.
- Contact anyone this may effect (my publishers!).
- Re-align and set a new realistic exact date.
- DON’T move onto something else!
- Plan it out and schedule time.
- USE the current workflow as a guide to what you can actually get done in a day!
LINKED EPISODE << Hustling to meet my deadline.
10 minute weekly thoughts and updates to get your week cracking with Awaken Your Alpha!
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE LEGENDARY EPISODES:
AWAKEN YOUR ALPHA with ALW <<< Connect.
*Facebook Group for daily interaction with me, the guests and the other listeners of the show.
The SHOW IS NOTHING WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT – Please Subscribe using either the iTUNES or STITCHER buttons above, cheers.
Please share across all Social Media using the buttons below… ONE CLICK NEEDED